joe, just joe

a wacky crazy hollywood boy trying to make it in this business we call show.

Friday, January 02, 2009

Holiday Sparkle 2008

















It was a very good year for me. High's would be directing the musical "The Life" in hollywood, meeting and working with Holly Woodlawn, road trip to San Fran with the boys, getting a tattoo, and dating the most guys I've ever dating in a single year. Low's would be my grandmother dying, car trouble, work, and a close friend getting ill. All in all it was probably the best year that I've ever had. I'm still broke and single, like I was a year ago. Somehow I feel like my soul is filled and I feel richer in ways that I can't explain. So in true New Years fashion, I'd like to list my homies and thank them for a wonderful year! If I've missed you, I apologize - it's late and I can't remember everybody ... I'm old!

CINDY - thank you for another wonderful Boofont year! this year we took a breather and only peformed the gigs that we wanted to, rather than just filling up our calender with boring club gigs. Thanks for all the laughs too, we have so much fun when we hang out! I always tell everyone you're my sister, but this year you truly were my family. Thanks for always sticking by me for all my hair brain ideas! and thanks for being there for me during The Life. I needed someone to talk to during the stressful times, so thank you. I know this year we're already getting some bookings, and for sure we are going to do Taboo!

MICHAEL - we took the year by storm! Thanks for always going to El Coyote with me and laughing with/at Fran! We have shared some very intimate stories about our guys, so thank you for that. I know I'm not always available to hang, so thank you for being understanding. We always talk about going camping, but let's really do it this year!!

WAYNE - are we still best friends? i forget. Kidding! i know we haven't been able to hang as much as either one of us would like, but we're still really close. Thank you for always texting me and checking up on me. Let's make sure that we do our Vegas trip this year! Bette is waiting for us!


ARAM
- thanks for being my bar friend! also for all the fun laughs talking about boys. i appreciate all of your mix cds, and especially the song that you wrote for me for my birthday. i'll never forget it. Thank you!!!! it was the best gift I ever got. Here's to another great year of the faultline!

BETH - you're my oldest and dearest friend, but you aren't on myspace anymore! only facebook, so you'll probably never read this. but thank you for your mac and cheese reciepe! it's amazing, and everyone loved it at christmas dinner! i'm always gonna make it from now on, when i go to any functions.

ROBERT - I don't know where to begin. Thank you for such a fun year! I know we've been friends for several years, but this year was the best ever! Thanks for always hosting amazing potluck parties! and thank you for introducing me to so many amazing people. A special thank you for being my chaperone on dates, and for going to Walmart and A & W with me... FRIED CHEESE CURDS!! I've enjoyed all of our soupplantation dates, and trying to hook up with the help and customers. I even want to thank you for making me help you move! It was a fun day! and thanks for inviting me to go to folsom with you! you're one of my best friends, and i really love all the time we spend together. now if i can just get you on facebook this year!!! it's one of my goals this year!!!

MARC - thanks for always being a great supporter of me! and for knowing everything about everything! seriously, you are a great resource! last year we always made out, but this year we really got to know each other and had fun! shady shady shady fun!!! thanks for always asking about the boofonts, and for coming to the shows. i tried really hard this year to let you in on my "other life" as you use to say, and you're still friends with me! all of my favorite memories of 2008, include you in them! thank you for that.

LUTHER - i love me some mexican luther! thank you for being my personal photographer! you always capture the true essence of me. you also helped me out in a jam, with the boofonts and with the life. thank you for that. thanks also for your amazing brownies! i've had so much fun hanging out with you this year. it was only a year ago that i met you, and this year we really got to know each other. a special shout out goes to you for those damn good tamales!! i really hope we get to do more photoshoots together, maybe one's where I can pay you!!!
thanks for all the smiles and hugs! you're one in a trillion!

JASON - project runway nights at your house were amazing! thanks for always being the gracious hostess! and especially for always being the host, whether it was at your house, robert's potluck, or my christmas party! who knew you could make such great punch!?! i've really enjoyed getting to know you this year. thanks for arranging the san fran trip, it was a highlite of my year! we had so much fun! and thank you for always looking out for me, and making sure my glass is never empty!!!

Other honorable mentions -

Sunday - thanks for being there for me this year, and for keeping in touch with me and checking in with me. you lost another mother, i lost a best friend.

Ryan - you piss me off sometimes when you don't come to my parties, or when i invite you places and you don't go. and you piss me off when i try and be your life coach, and you don't listen, but i still love you. thanks for being a big supporter of my talents, you're always so complimentary and encouraging,

Milo - thanks for adding some excitment into my life. it's always fun hanging out with you.

Jeff - I know you're sick. get better. thank you for being my tattoo buddy, and for holding my hand!

Tammy Brown - you make me laugh girl! thanks for being a lady friend of mine.

Willam - you ain't right! thanks for all the fun eats and talking trash about people with me. if we would've went to high school together, we'd have been bff's. Gear up for Taboo, because it's gonna happen!

Bear411 - you gave me so many dates this year! thank you!

jaxx - you're the best doggie ever! thanks for sleeping with me when i was really sad.

Facebook - thank you. you've changed my life.

Morris Peeps - A big thank you to all the people I went to high school with, who now want to be my friend! Especially Na, Joe, Kim and ElizaBETH!!! We have so much fun talking about the past, and about the present. I love you all and wished I lived closer!

That's it. Sorry again if I left you out. It's probably because you didn't buy me a drink or dinner. All of the people above, did. This year, 2009, promises to be another good one. Thanks again to everyone who touched my life this year, and to everyone who touched me inappropriately.

cheers and happy new year everyone,

joe

1 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger willam said...

my name should be in bold in your blog entry too. Do we need to have a discussion about billing again? ugh. could you tell how thrilled cindy and i were to take a picture with Tony? it's fairly evident.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home